My education: I studied at Sofia University St.Kliment Ohridski (Department of Classic and New Languages) English with focus on literary research, with a minor in German, from 1980 until 1985.
My work history as an English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translator includes:
- Five years interpreting and translating from and into English for the Bulgarian Sports Federation;
- Five years working as a part-time tourist guide in English and German for Balkantourist, Sofia, while studying at Sofia University;
- Six years freelance English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translation for Bureau Translations, Sofia;
- Two years simultaneous Bulgarian into English interpreting of lectures on economics and social sciences for foreign students at the Academy of Social Sciences and Social Management, Sofia;
- Two years freelance copyediting and proofreading of literary critique for students for The Research and Education Association, USA;
- Six years freelance English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translation and proofreading for temp translation and proofreading agencies in New York;
- Ten years full-time English to Bulgarian translator, editor and proofreader.
I also have four years experience as an English teacher at a high school in Sofia, nine years as an English language lecturer at the Medical Academy and New Bulgarian University in Sofia, and six years as a substitute teacher in New York.
My English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translations comprise short stories, books, a film script, folk songs, numerous journalistic articles, marketing articles, health articles for Translators Without Borders, published on Wikipedia, translations and proofreading for the European institutions, subtitling of multiple films, video games, websites, numerous translations on clinical research, the policies of companies, a voice recognition application, a public procurement contract, presentations, medical English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translations, a voice phrase book, a picture dictionary, casino, sports articles and many other documents.
I also do English to Bulgarian and Bulgarian to English translation in the following additional fields: television, radio, fiction, narration, drama, brochures, theatre, ecology, environment, linguistics, philosophy, religion, Buddhism, history, art, press releases, news, geography, tourism and travel, politics, government, surveying, human resources, cooking, commercials, esoteric practices, archeology, zoology, folklore, music, psychology, ethics, media and other.
I have had clients from almost every country in Europe, the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Israel. Some of them have been my clients for many years. I believe they are happy with my work as I am a professional, I always do thorough research work for specialized translations, and I always respect their deadlines.
My detailed CV/resume is available upon request.